Recycle, Reuse and Renew
We are always looking to upgrade and improve our packaging and recycle as much as possible, sourcing recycled packaging as much as possible. We take additional steps by:
re-using old packaging
sourcing environmentally friendly paper for labels (FSC Certified)
reducing plastic use across the company and re-designing collections to minimise plastic and non-recyclable plastics.
Creative Pot Recycling
Here at St. Eval, when we design our candles, we keep in mind that the product's lifetime goes beyond when the wax is finished so you are left with a beautiful container to repurpose afterwards.
We’d love to hear from you how you reuse yours, please share with us on social @stevalcandles, or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are some of our favourite ways to repurpose your St. Eval candle containers shared by our wonderful customers:
- Create a plant pot for potting plants and flowers
- A vase for freshly cut flowers from the garden
- A handy desk tidy
- Or maybe even a trinket holder!
Advice for Removing Leftover Wax
Before you can reuse your candle pot, you must ensure the leftover wax is removed safely and carefully. Follow these simple steps:
- Fill a bowl or your sink with boiling water and gently sit the candle container it for 10-20 minutes (the heat from the boiling water will transfer through the sides of the container, melting the wax left)
- Once the wax has softened, carefully remove the jar from the water and pour out the melted wax
- The jar can then be washed using warm water and soap to finish.
Another popular candle wax removal method is freezing which shrinks the wax.
- Simply place your candle pot in the freezer overnight
- In the morning, take the container out of the freezer and turn upside down—the lump of wax should pop right out
- If it doesn’t, use a spoon to press down on a corner of the wax to easily lift and remove.
(TIP: Please remember to remove all remaining wax – and wick – first and dispose of in the bin, not in the sink as wax will clog your drain very easily!)