Retreat to a cosy corner with a warming cup of tea, coffee, or your favourite hot chocolate, and join us as we explore the scented stories of autumn as told by our classic seasonal fragrance, Inspiritus.
Angelic by nature and generous with its gifts, Inspiritus is the perfect fireside companion to combat the chill in the air and moody dusk that punctuate these autumn evenings.
Our signature scent captures the noble spirit of the autumn season and celebrates nature’s bounty with a charming blend of aromatic spices sweetened by a touch of vanilla. Its distinct, uplifting aromas tell tales of splendour and adventure, evoking cherished memories of gathering windfalls of conkers, dancing among golden leaves in the woods, and making rustic wreaths from cinnamon sticks and foraged foliage.
Originating from the volcanic Banda Islands of Indonesia, nutmeg is traditionally thought to have medicinal qualities and revered for its potent, versatile flavour which brings depth and aromatic perfume to a variety of sweet or savoury dishes.
With a harmonic symphony of spicy nutmeg and warming cinnamon, Inspiritus effortlessly elevates the spirit and transforms any space into a cosy sanctuary. This balanced pairing of homely spices ignites the essence of the season with its nutty, earthy aroma and spicy notes that are complemented by the delicate sweetness of vanilla.
Reminiscent of calming incense, the scent of cloves is an ideal antidote to busy autumn days. These aromatic, dried flower buds are native to Indonesia’s Maluku Islands and feature in different cuisines across the world.
Enjoy the vibrant, peppery warmth of cloves found in Inspiritus. Let it invite visions of festive moments to come and conjure a relaxing atmosphere to soothe creative souls.
Sandalwood has long been reserved for crafting sacred carvings of Hindu gods and is well known for its ability to aid in meditation and mindfulness practices.
Let the soft candlelight and calming base of sandalwood in our Inspiritus candles take you on a beautiful journey beyond the sights and sounds of everyday life. Fall for its soft, woody notes and reawaken your senses with its musky depth for blissful rest.
Spiced Vanilla Tea Recipe
Inspired by the classic Indian drink Masala Chai, this warming vanilla tea will spice up your routine and infuse your evenings with a touch of fireside elegance. Its aromatic flavours are ideal for enhancing the festive, spicy notes of Inspiritus; simply light your favourite Inspiritus candle, take a sip of your spiced vanilla tea, and bathe in the dreamy essence of autumn. As this recipe makes enough for two cups, you can share a relaxing moment with a friend or simply take a longer pause at the end of a tiring day to renew your energies.
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 star anise
- 3 green cardamom pods
- 3 black peppercorns
- 3 cloves
- 1 vanilla bean pod
- 200-250ml milk, or dairy-free alternative
- 500ml water
- 1-2 tbsp sugar, to taste
- 1-2 tbsp loose leaf black tea, or 2 bags of your favourite breakfast tea
1. Add the star anise, cardamom, cinnamon, peppercorns and cloves to your pestle and mortar. Crush to release the oils in the spices, or grind into a powder for a more intense flavour. If you don’t have a pestle and mortar, a food processor can break up the spices for you.
2. Scrape the spice mix into a saucepan. With a sharp knife, carefully split the vanilla bean pod in half lengthways. Remove all the seeds with the back of the knife and add both the seeds and the split pod to the pan.
3. Fill up the saucepan with 500ml water and place on a high heat. As it starts to boil, add in the loose leaf tea or teabags and lower the heat to simmer for 5-10 minutes.
4. Add 200-250ml milk and the sugar to taste. Raise the heat and bring to a boil, before removing from the heat completely.
5. Leave to cool for a minute before straining into your favourite mug.
However you enjoy our uplifting Inspiritus fragrance, we hope you savour every moment with its warming, woody spices and delicate notes of sweet vanilla, perfect for this beautiful time of year.
What St. Eval fragrance is your scent of the season? Let us know either by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or on social media @stevalcandles.
#steval #scentedstories #inspiritus